Tuesday, September 2, 2008

that time of year





It's that time of year again. The time to gather up glue and pencils and make sure that the new birthday backpack doesn't have too loose of straps. The time of year to talk about what goes into the lunch box...apples... and what doesn't...twinkies. It's time for school to start. Katie is entering her second year at Our Saviour Lutheran as a 1st grader. I just can't believe it. She started school 10 days after her birthday, too soon to really enjoy those fun birthday presents. My mom called after I took her last year to Kindergarten to see if I cried. I didn't. It was time for her to spread her wings and fly, but I did this year. Not a lot, just a tear or two, but I will miss my butterfly and all the joy that those wings take with them.

No comments: