Tuesday, September 16, 2008

birthdays and ick


At 3:15 am on September 16th, 2007 ~ Liam James came into our lives. He was 8lbs. 2oz. and 20" long. At our 1 year well check today he was 22lbs. and 30"! What a big boy! We of course had our usual doctor's office adventures. I love the doc that the kids see, he is a great guy who works well with them, but the nurse that usually works on his rotation is a nightmare! Today she put Liam on the scale then adjusted it, making this huge racket and scaring the daylights out of him! He started to cry and reach and call for mama and she just looked at him and asked if that scared him? I felt like saying duh! I picked him up as quickly as I could and tried to calm him down before we moved on to the next "torture," measuring his head. Unfortunately, Liam wanted NOTHING to do with the nurse. He pushed her hands away and tried to get down off my lap. She was baffled by his response and asked Liam why he wouldn't sit still. I again felt like responding, this time with the comment that in Liam's opinion this gal was the spawn of Satan and he didn't want her anywhere near him! She has done or suggested other stupid things in the past with the kids and I have just flat out shot her down. I don't like her and she probably doesn't like me because I just go into the situation with an attitude. I try to think WWJD, but the "thought" isn't always acted upon.
After the check up I went to run errands and about half way to my first destination I asked Evie if Liam had spit up (because it kind of smelled in the car suddenly) she told me that yeah, he'd spit up, everywhere. Evie has a tendency to exaggerate so I didn't really think much of it. Boy was I wrong! It looked as though someone had dumped a pint of cottage cheese onto Liam's lap, car seat and surrounding area. It was bad. I can handle all the "stuff" that comes along with children, except for puke. I have a terrible gag reflex and it was so hard for me to even drive 15 minutes back to the house with the smell emanating from the back seat! I rolled all the windows down and Evie complained that she was cold. I asked her if she wanted to be cold or smell Liam and she said she'd put her blanket on her lap.

Thus ends most of the adventure for today. I have spent all morning dealing with annoying nurses and cleaning a child, car and car seat of ick. I now must survive taking the girls to get their hair cut.

On Saturday we are having a birthday party for Liam! Check back soon for stories and pics from that adventure!

No comments: