Monday, August 26, 2013

first day of school 2013

A mother sits on her couch in silence.  "Do you hear that?  That's the sound of September."

It's the first day of school!  And while my house isn't totally silent, Finn is still here with me; Katie, Evie and Liam are all gone.

Jason and I took Evie and Liam to the school this morning and hugged them goodbye in their classes.  Liam did really well, no crying, though he did admit he was a bit nervous.  And even Evie went bravely into her class without us persuading her to go through the door.

Finn and I walked Katie to her bus stop and I gave her a big hug (which I'm sure embarrassed her) and then I suggested she go wait with the other 4 kids already there.  She sort of looked at me like, really?  But slowly started their direction.  I was happy to hear one of the other girls welcome Katie and introduce herself!

After all that, Finn and I went and had some fun!  He cried for a bit this morning once he realized "Tatie, Feefee and Weeum" were gone.  We visited the fish in their tanks and the gerbils in their cages at Pet Smart and then we had tacos.  Finn loves tacos!  At least that's what he told the guy who delivered them to our table.  :)  

Our devotional was so appropriate for the first day of school!  Our verse was Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."  And the devo, written as though Christ is speaking went on to say, "I know that trying something new can be frightening.  But I also know you, and I understand you completely.  You can trust Me to wrap you up in My love - a love that never ends."

Katie, 6th grade

Evie, 3rd grade

Liam, kindergarten


Honestly, I DO miss them when they are gone.  But I don't cry about it either.












  

1 comment:

sherry said...

Love the picture of you AND the kiddos!!!