Saturday, June 4, 2011

oh my

I have been wanting to blog for a while now, but there's a reason I've not!

Life with 4 kids has been a little more chaotic than I thought it would be!  Going from 1 kid to 2 was really hard, the adjustment from 2 kids to 3 was not bad - I didn't have issues with much.  But this whole 3 kids to 4 has really put a kink in my on time/neat freak/orderly life.  I think that I've blow dried my naturally curly hair straight only 3 times in 6 weeks and one time it took me 4 hours to just get it all done.  I had to keep re-wetting the sections that I hadn't gotten to yet every time I had a minute.  But I was so tired of wearing it up that I was determined to finish.

I've been told that the more kids you have, the easier they are.  You're more comfortable being a mom and the whole "taking care of a baby" thing is easier, because you "know" what you're doing, etc., etc.

Baloney.

Finn is by far my most difficult child.  He has no schedule or pattern to his sleeping and eating habits that I can discern and he is a screamer.  I've not had a screamer before and it's a whole new world.  (One that I hope goes away soon.)

But even though life is not as easy as it once was, we're still enjoying the ride!  :)  We have some trying moments, like this morning when I set Finn down to go to the restroom quickly and while I was "indisposed" he started screaming!  I came out to find that Liam had shot Finn in the face with the spray bottle that I use to wet the girls hair when I brush it.  I thought a "how does it feel?" lesson was appropriate so I shot Liam in the face with the spray bottle.  I felt like was delivering punishment to a puppy rather than a 3 year old boy...

But more often than not we have fun, loving moments!  They by far outweigh the trying ones and for that I am thankful.

As the girls are out of school and we are moving into summer here in Colorado and FINALLY warmer weather (snow in the middle of May is NOT fun) life is getting a little easier.  We have less layers to put on when we get dressed and there's no more crazy school schedules to deal with, so maybe we can just chill for a week or two and then the usual controlled chaos that reigns in our family can recommence.

And I will hopefully be able to get back to my blogging and sharing all the experiences that make up our life!

1 comment:

Amy said...

you are so blessed. I cant imagine how crazy life with 4 must be but also so rewarding. You are doing a great job!