Friday, June 10, 2011

i carry your heart with me

I'm posting a little late, but Jason and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary on June 1st!  To mark the occasion we gave each other cards and went to dinner at a local mexican restaurant that overlooks the river in town.  (And we went with out kids!)

I made Jason's card this year - I stayed up late and got it done - because I wanted to share a poem with him that I absolutely love.  I've written it in the kids baby books and I felt Jason needed to see it too.  It's a poem by ee cummings, who I really enjoy.  I especially like this selection as you can read the whole thing and it's lovely or you can read just what's OUT of the parentheses or just what's IN the parentheses and it makes sense still.

I hope that you enjoy it as well!


i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by me is your doing, my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

                                                                 ee cummings


No comments: