Wednesday, March 2, 2011

memory boards

For Christmas this year I made the girls fabric memory boards!  I've always wanted one for myself and I thought, what a fun way to put little things up rather than your basic cork board/push pin combo.  So I did a little research on what you need to make them and headed to Farmington and Hobby Lobby to get my supplies. When I got there I called Jason and asked him to look up memory boards online and tell me if I needed glue or fabric adhesive or what to get it all to stick and how much fabric I needed and.... well... needless to say I didn't do enough research.  Jason was super helpful and looked it all up for me and then called with his info while I shopped for the one thing I did know I needed - cork board.

I eventually made it out of Hobby Lobby with everything and a few weeks before Christmas I made the boards up!  It wasn't as hard as I thought and even though I probably didn't put them together properly, I still think the finished product looks pretty good!


my supplies!
cork board, push pins, fabric, ribbon, quilting cotton

spray adhesive is from the Devil....

all sprayed up and pinned to the board

I remembered to iron the fabric before I put it on all wrinkled!

two boards ready for fabric

my fabric cut and ready to attach


all wrapped up like a pretty package

the spray adhesive didn't hold it down so I stapled it on tightly

the ribbons on and pushed in 

the pretty fabric covers I glued on to cover the brass push pins

both boards ready to go

happy girls!

No comments: