Tuesday, June 1, 2010

s'mores

S'mores. What more can I say? They're not my favorite (I've played "chubby bunny" one too many times to enjoy marshmallows anymore) but the kids LOVE them. We had my mom over to BBQ on Saturday night, Memorial Day Weekend, and as a treat for the kids- decided to make s'mores. It was windy and the smoke kept blowing in everyone's eyes. And the kids still haven't caught on that they need to hold their marshmallows down by the heat- they hold them about 2 feet above the flames -but a good time was had by all. Even by Liam, who declared that the cooked ones were "yucky" and would only eat everything separately.





"I have to what?"

"You have to hold it over the heat."




"Hmmm."

How Liam eats s'mores...







"Mom, what are you doing?"

"Your 'killing' my marshmallow!"

Burn baby, burn...

Death to the marshmallow. (I like watching them explode...)

1 comment:

sashby07 said...

I love s'mores but not 'chubby bunny'. Gosh, I think that was Baird's favorite game in the world. Or maybe he just enjoyed watching teens gag and throw up marshmallows in a trash can...