Monday, January 5, 2009

memories

Ahhh, memories. This is one for the fiance someday...

The other day I was on the phone with my mom in Phoenix and Evie got up from her nap. Evie usually gets up first when I make both her and Katie sleep for a bit, so this was not unusual. I was chatting with my mom for about 15 minutes or so when I started to hear this wailing coming from somewhere. Liam and Evie were both sitting on the floor having a snack and were fine, so I started to look for this noise. I got down the hall and yelled for Katie and asked her where she was, she replied back that she was in her bed and was stuck. (I had thought that maybe she was in the bathroom.) Anyway, I walked in her room and she was red from yelling for me and crying. I told my mom to hold on a minute, as I was still on the phone, and climbed up the bunk bed ladder to see what was going on. There was Katie tied by the drawstrings of her pants to the bed frame. I started laughing (it's a response that I just can't help sometimes) as I simply pulled her pants off and asked her why she didn't just take them off herself. She looked at me kind of dumbfounded for a moment and then said she'd never thought of THAT. As soon as Katie was freed, she started yelling at Evie and asking her why she didn't "tell mommy" that she was stuck? I asked Evie if she was supposed to have come and told me that Katie was tied to the bed and she looked at me and said, "Yep."

No comments: