Monday, January 13, 2014

the 52 project

For Christmas 2012 I got a "fancy" camera.  An awesome Canon Rebel and I told myself I was really going to get off the auto settings in 2013 and learn how to shoot in manual, but alas, it didn't happen.  I mean, I definitely learned more than I had previously known, but the auto settings are still my best friend.

So at the beginning of this year I seriously put some thought into joining the 365 project.  A picture a day for a year.  Then I remembered that I don't always get my teeth brushed or a shower every day and making sure I got my big camera out every. single. day. seemed overwhelming.

Then I stumbled upon a hashtag on Instagram for the 52 project.  A photo a week for a year.  Much better.

I'm already behind, but it's ok.  I missed the very first week of the year, but got a shot in last week and will try and make up for my slacker tendencies this week with 2 pictures.  So much pressure...

Anyway, here is my first shot- a Texas road on a foggy day.  (Don't worry mom and dad.  I checked both ways for cars before I stood in the middle of the road.)

1/52

No comments: